“Your future depends on your DREAMS so go to SLEEP.” – Mesut Barazany
Every day that I go to school, I see many of my friends are tired. Do they need to be so tired, and would they benefit from sleeping more?
For me, sleeping isn’t a waste of time. I actually feel like I’m gaining time. Time that can be used more efficiently. Time to be used to grow myself. My workflow is a lot better when I’ve had enough sleep.
Sleeping a lot isn’t the only key to success. Sleeping efficiently is the way to go. Nine hours of sleep is nine hours of sleep, surely? In my opinion, nine hours in bed isn’t equal to 9 hours sleep.
Ever woken up during night to go to the toilet or for a drink of water? Or maybe because your brain is smashed with questions? Do you remember when you fell asleep?
If you go to bed at nine o’clock will you actually fall asleep at nine o’clock?
Sleeping is a state of mind. A way of clearing your thoughts, of reexperiencing your life. Letting your brain process the information it received throughout the day.
So I’ve got a question to you:
Before you go to bed, do you shut down your PC without saving data and closing all applications?
Why are you doing this to your body? Don’t you think your body needs to shut down and save everything that happened? Using your mobile phone before sleeping activates your mind, which is not what you want when you are supposed to be trying to sleep!
You can take out the USB stick plenty times without losing any data, but in the end you will eventually harm the stick.
How can you relax your body before falling asleep?
I prepared a list for you what helped me the most:
- Getting fresh air to your sleeping room before going to bed
- Shutting down all electronical devices at least 30 minutes before falling asleep. Try to power them off and remove all plugs from the socket.
- Read a book, write a poem, remember what has happened today or do any other kind of intellectual art
- Calm down and try not to get interrupted by anything or anybody. Do it like your mother has told you if you can’t sleep 😀 one sheep, two sheeps, three sheeps,….
- Keep a dream diary to sum up all your dreams. You think you do not dream very often? Well, just try to find yourself in the morning instead of rushing out of bed and try to remember what you have been dreaming. With some practice you may remember some of them.
- Get a regular sleeping habbit. There is nothing worse than sleeping at different times a day. The night is meant for sleeping, whilst the day is used for working.
If you have any other tips on how to get your body ready for sleeping, please let me know in the comments down below!
So don’t be tired of being tired anymore! 😉